Monday, March 24, 2008

Blip or Turn Around?

I just had to do it. I know I will (may) be accused for seeing the glass as half-full but I can't resist it when I come across news that says something about the real estate market picking up.

It turns out that existing home sales in February showed a slight up-tick says NAR, and USA Today picked the story up. In short it says that contrary to the analysts predictions and expectations the number of properties sold went up in February.

The complete article is here: http://www.usatoday.com/money/economy/housing/2008-03-24-home-sales-february_N.htm

It's not all good news though, the average price still was headed down vs. a year ago.

Tomorrow morning is Opening Day at the Tokyo Dome. It will seem weird, but I plan on being in front of the tv with my peanuts and orange juice to watch the first pitch.

Go Sox!

- Geof

No comments: