Thursday, March 20, 2008

Interesting Web Sites

We all have them, someone who sends us jokes and other "non-work-related" emails. In my case it's my father-in-law. I enjoy most of them and it's nice that he takes the time to think of me as often as he does.

Anyway, this morning I got an email from him about a website that I thought might be of interest to you all. It is a site that will display demographics based on zipcode.

You go to the site and type in a zipcode. The site then puts together some demographic data about the zipcode and displays it for you.

Give it a try!

http://zipskinny.com/

Also, a brief word about the "validity" of the site might be appropriate at this juncture. If you read the "About ZIPskinny" you will discover that the site was based on 2000 Census data and there also might be some issues with sample size. Browse the About ZIPskinny tab to read the developers message. And as always Caveat Emptor - and remember the credo of all web-denizens, "If it's on the web IT MUST BE TRUE!"


Go Sox!

- Geof

No comments: